3 March 2014

Ultimate Level Design Guide (World of level design) Book


This publication is brief but to the point. It doesn't waste time giving you a history of the subject, or discuss reasons for why you might like to try level design. Instead it is just straightforward level design tip and techniques from start to finish.

I have a feeling this book will become increasingly more useful to me over time as the scale of the environments I create gets much larger. Prop placement, lighting, atmosphere and methods to guide a player are some of the aspects covered, and they'll go a long way to improving my portfolio pieces.

Much of level design is subliminal to the player, and simply having played games before doesn't help much when confronted with the task of environment production. Best of all, it's FREE, when you sign up to World of level designs newsletters! Checkout the link below:

Ultimate level design guide link

Checkout what other related books I've been reading on my GoodReads profile.